If you hadn’t heard, I was voted in as your president for 2014 at our December meeting.
It’s been more than 20 years since I’ve served as president of the Golden Gate Area Civic Association.
As a community, we’ve had many ups and downs since that time, but there are so many areas that we are at a pivotal point as a community. We can move forward in creating a great community to live work and play – or we can allow things to deteriorate.
Here’s what I’ve noticed in the past year that gives me hope and the desire to assist in making our community to be all that we can.
- Principal Hernandez led Golden Gate High School to an A rated school
- Nearly every neighborhood is improving, new families are moving in and investing in their homes, versus out of state rental owners.
- Commercial improvements and new construction are underway.
- Government is beginning to set new plans for growth in our area – adding sidewalks, improvements to drainage and planning for roadway expansion.
- Crime rates are low and our district has one of the lowest crime rates in the county.
How is your neighborhood? Do you see areas where it could be improved?
Do you have a special project you’d like to see happen?
When government spending is prioritized where will you end up?
Join us at our next meeting on Monday to see how you can help make your community a better place.
We have a core group of people that have been keeping things alive, and now we need your help, ideas, and assistance to take it to the next level.
Together we will Make the Gate Great! See you at the Center!