Greater Naples Fire Rescue District (GNFD) held its Inaugural Awards and Recognition Ceremony in the apparatus bays of Station 73 on February 12, 2016.
The evening featured the first appearance of the GNFD Honor Guard along with a powerful message delivered by Keynote Speaker, Miami-Dade Fire Chief Dave Downey. Several individuals were recognized for their significant achievements and contributions to the District during 2015. It is because of the dedication and commitment of others like these that make the successes of the District possible.
It gives me great pleasure to announce the following award recipients:
- Fire Chief’s Values Award Driver/Engineer Tony Palermo
- Employee of the Year Lieutenant Brandon Bunting – Firefighter Administrative Assistant Michele Packard – Civilian
- Excellence in Service Lieutenant Mike Cruz – Fire and Life Safety Acting Lieutenant Jarett Cotter – Emergency Medical Services
- Unit Citation Lieutenant Robert McGowan Acting Driver/Engineer David Perez Firefighter Stephen Thigpen
- Employee of the Month
- January – Lieutenant Brandon Bunting
- February – Driver/Engineer Jake Beckman
- March – Firefighter Kris Occhipinti
- April – Lieutenant Chris Rossi
- May – Lieutenant Brian Heath
- June – Battalion Chief Corey Nelson
- July – Lieutenant Craig Weinbaum
- August – Firefighter Daniel Garretto
- September – Battalion Chief Chris Tobin
- October – Driver/Engineer Tony Palermo
- November – Battalion Chief Sean Hunt
- December – Receptionist Maria Mercedes Carrillo
The District would also like to express our sincere gratitude to the many business partners who supported us by sponsoring this great event.